- Why use Twitter? identi.ca is Open Source (and no, I haven’t used it either).
- Wearing two socks of different colors is embarrassing enough without telling about it to the whole world.
- It used to be “verba volant scripta manent“. Is it again?
- 140 characters? too little for most articulate thoughts with proper grammar.
- I don’t need uninvited commercial interest to know who influences my thoughts and who is influenced by it. I love my privacy.
- Conversation? I prefer uninterrupted face to face!
- Shortened URLs? Where exactly are they landing?
You may want to use Twitter if you:
- Want to show the kids born after the fall of the wall that you can be cool too.
- Think you deserve the same following as <put your favorite starlet name here>.
- Want to learn to be concise.
- Are a multi-tasker that want people to notice that during a conversation they get your undivided attention… not!
- Care to read what others say about your brand, your products, your services. Twitter is a one-way outlet for (links to) your press releases… not!
- Don’t mind others eavesdropping on your current conversations in a few years.
- Want to show that you were “in” in 2007.
Filed under: Uncategorized |